I was nominated for The Liebster Award by one of my favorite bloggers, I Sing The Closet Electric – a wonderful spirit, a supermom, and an all around nugget of a person. I hope you will check out her blog and read her wonderful musings on fashion, jewelry, and life in general. Her blog can be found here:
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
I nominate the following for the Liebster Award:
Real Housewives Of Maine
Dream, Play, Write
Here are my questions to the blogger(s):
1. Who or what inspired you to want to write?
2. What singer do you like but hate to admit to it?
3. Do you believe in ghosts?
4. What, if anything, do you miss most about your childhood?
5. Who is your hero?
6. Favorite hot drink?
7. If you had to pick a Cher song to describe your life, what would it be?
8. Can you do a split?
9. What makes you angry?
10. Where were you on 9.11.2001?
11. Did you ever run away from home as a child?
Here are the questions posed to me, and my answers to them:
1. Favorite song to clean to?
– Anything by Josh Groban – his voice sends me to my happy place, and therefore he makes a mundane task magnificent.
2. What do you sleep in?
– The short answer is my bed. The long answer is it depends on the season. Warmer weather incites me to wear less, colder weather means I haul out the flannel sleep pants and a long sleeved t-shirt.
3. What’s your favorite comedy?
– Any and all episodes of the Britcom ‘Absolutely Fabulous’. I can never get enough of Patsy and Edina, no matter how many times I’ve watched them.
4. Favorite designer?
– I don’t have one….and the closest thing I can think of is Frank Lloyd Wright – his mind was brilliant.
5. Favorite food?
– Hands down, the buffalo wings from The Great Lost Bear in Portland, Maine.
6. Spring or fall?
– Fall. It has long been my favorite season of the year.
7. Guilty pleasure netflix binge show?
– I don’t have netflix, but I binged on all six seasons of ‘Lost’ over two months on DVD.
8. Cat or dog?
– I have one of each, but I am more of a dog person.
9. Favorite book?
– A Prayer For Owen Meany, by John Irving.
10. Facebook or Instagram?
– Facebook. I don’t use instagram
11. Last person you kissed?
– My kids when I dropped them off at school this morning.
Now for the 11 random facts about me:
1. I have a background in theater, with many leading roles under my belt, but hate public speaking
2. I love to sing in public, but get very nervous when I do it
3. I once dressed up as Big Bird to entertain children at a store opening
4. My first celebrity crush was Nancy McKeon, ‘Jo’ on The Facts Of Life
5. I still have every program from every theater production I have ever been to
6. I despise following trends or fads, and prefer to make my own style
7. I hate being read to (unless it’s by one of my kids)
8. I am never, ever bored because my mind is always in motion even if my body isn’t
9. Being out in the rain, no matter how covered I am, makes me feel like I’m dirty afterward
10. I cannot, knowingly, send a text with typos…I have to correct them first if I notice them.
11. I own more than 1500 books
I am honored to be nominated by I Sing The Closet Electric and hope you enjoy her blog as well. Have fun, and as always thank you for reading my blog.